Liberal Studies This Week

Sharing your experience as an online student

If you would like to become a contributor to this blog, contact Andy at aegiz1 at uis.edu 

You totally look like . . .



In my life, I have been told I look like many people. The most common and the one that was, at times, creepily true in the 1980s was that I looked like John Cusack



I didn't really like going to his movies because we did look an awful lot alike in those days and it was uncomfortable to see that face so large.



In the same time frame, my sister used to tell me that I looked like Tom Hanks. I think it was because we both had curly hair in an era of feathered hair.

When the Culture Club became an MTV staple, a picture of Boy George without his make-up rose to the surface. Yep, he looked at lot like me, even in my opinion.


As we all grew older, I looked less and less like them but started to look like someone else who had entered the spotlight. Even my wife thought I had the Data look and she bought me a small Data statue next to my computer keyboard.

Now that I think about it, the first time anyone told me that I looked like someone else was way back in grade school. That person is still a close friend and he will still occasionally refer to the fact that he thought I looked like Pinochio. I don't recall lying a lot back then and a didn't have a big nose (that came with puberty) so I can only assume that it was because I had a Pinochio lunch box and that's how he could tell me apart from all of the other kids.

If you're into people who look like other people (or things) you'll totally like this website


So. Who do you totally look like?





2 comments:

Pam R. said...

I totally look like Chaka Khan and my mom looks just like Aretha Franklin. My partner looks like Latocha Scott of the group Xscape and her mom looks just like Patti Labelle.

At least I can say, we're all talented singer look-a-likes, lol.

Wish I could add a pic, but don't think I could do that in this format of Blogger. :-)

Cool website, but they didn't have to do that to Latoya Jackson, lol. That was so uncanny!

Pam R. said...

Oh, and I can definitely see the resemblance between you and John Cusack. Maybe Tom Hanks a bit, but definitely John Cusack, lol.