Liberal Studies This Week

Sharing your experience as an online student

If you would like to become a contributor to this blog, contact Andy at aegiz1 at uis.edu 

Welcome

Welcome back to school (or if this is your first semester, just plain welcome.) The first week of the fall semester is the second-most exciting week of the year. The most exciting week, of course, is graduation week. We’re all sad to see summer pass but happy to roll-up our sleeves and get busy once again.

This is a relaunch of the Liberal Studies This Week blog and my hope is that it will become a true community blog. I plan to post at least twice a week. One post will be a Did You Know . . . so that I can share things about UIS that you may not know. The other will be Friday Fun. This is an idea I’m stealing from my wife who is a communication director. This will be something that will hopefully make you smile and give you moment to relax and catch your breath before you leave the work week behind and begin the homework weekend.

But the goal is to make this a community so I need you to join in. I’d like everyone to have a chance to share their ideas and their experiences as students and as people. There are no rules involved, other than being respectful of others, so you can post about whatever you’d like.

Last semester, we had a few brave souls join me in attempting to form a community of blogs but this was a lot to ask of all of us – it’s hard to find time to post to a blog. Liberal Studies This Week will be a blog community so there is no pressure to post regularly – if you’re not posting someone else will be.

If you are a member of the Liberal Studies community and would like to post to this blog, send me an email, aegiz1 at uis.edu . You do not need to be a blog expert to participate. It’s as easy to do as sending an email and, if you prefer, I’ll set you up so that you can send an email directly to the blog and it will post without you ever even logging into the site.

3 comments:

Pam R. said...

I like the new look! It's fabulous!!! I look forward to seeing the outcome of this blog.

Dan B said...

Let's blog away! We've got one semester to go, right Pam? Got your courses all lined up?

Pam R. said...

That's right, Dan! Just one last semester. I can't believe that graduation is so upon us. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. Wow, how time flies, lol?!?!

Yep, I got my course all lined up and ready to go. I've had my books since the middle of June, so I'm ready to rock and roll. How about you??? Can't wait to *see* you in class!